Job Opportunity: Licensing / Copyright Assistant – Domino Publishing
8th March 2022
Domino Publishing Company is seeking a full-time Licensing/Copyright Assistant.
1. Synchronization Licenses: Will be assigned responsibility of the following by the Sr. Licensing Director:
(i) Issue Synchronization Licenses and invoices in a timely fashion.
(ii) Follow-up with Licensee’s, to ensure that licenses are executed and returned in a timely manner, and that the accordant invoices have been paid.
(iii) Utilizing Domino’s existing license templates, expected to update / draft, and keep track of all synchronization licensing for US and Canada.
(iv) Liaise with Business Affairs and prospective licensees with regards to requests for amendments to Domino’s license templates.
(v) Logging and keeping detailed records of all US & Canada based synchronization licenses in Domino’s database.
(vi) Creating or reviewing our existing templates with Sr. Licensing Director and/or Business Affairs.
(vii) Sending cue sheets to Performing Rights Organization’s in a timely manner. (viii) Sending media buy schedule (via Competitrack / Numerator Ad Intel) to PROs
2. Mechanical / New Media Licenses: Under Sr. Licensing Director’s direction, draft and keep track of USA and Canada mechanical licenses via our shared database.
3. Checking and claiming unmatched titles for MLC and MRI; and occasionally via HFA
4. Potential to assist with broadcast, web licenses and other types of agreements, per business needs.
5. Assisting PRO and Mechanical / Digital Licensing Agencies (MLC, HFA, MRI, etc.) issues (i.e. claims, counter-claims/resolving conflicts, occasional manual registration, etc.)
6. Assisting Domino Publishing Co. and Recording Co. with copyright registrations to US Copyright Office, as assigned.
7. Will periodically be expected to support other members of Domino’s Licensing Dept, and the GM- North America, as needed.
8. Other administrative duties: Special projects, as assigned.
Minimum of 2 - 3 years’ experience in Licensing, Administration, and/or Business Affairs in Music Publishing or related industry. Basic knowledge of music publishing and licensing (synchronization, mechanical, print, arrangement, performance, etc.) is a must. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team as well as with other departments/clients. Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Fluent in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word). Experience with Music Maestro and drafting a license/agreement is a plus.
Position reports to Sr. Licensing Director
Domino Publishing Company is a publishing company (2006) that shares ownership and offices with the highly respected Domino Recording Company. We are currently the worldwide publisher or administrative for a diverse roster of writers and publishers, (roster found at our website). We are a fast-growing company, and this is a tremendous opportunity for an individual who has great organizational skills, is a self-starter, and has the ability to work in an open and creative environment.
For more information, contact: Monique Adderly – Domino Publishing Co.
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org