Ela melds machines with her living body, creating complex electronic music that exudes a vibrant warmth, and a stark, celebratory affirmation that our breaths aren't infinite. Self-made and punk in spirit, Ela uses only hardware synthesizers to perform, write, and record.
Before forging her path as a solo electronic artist, Ela was a drummer in a teenage hardcore band. She joined the band when she was just 12, performing with them for almost a decade. Ela then moved to the United States to attend Berklee College of Music, where she double-majored in jazz drumming and synthesizer design. This roving background instilled in her a belief that we all have the power to change things, and as she delved deeper into her work with synthesizers, she saw a clear connection between the freedom of the DIY scene she grew up in and club culture.
Limited edition 12" of the latest Ela Minus single featuring an extended mix and remixes by Fort Romeau, DJ Python, and buttechno.
- 1they told us it was hard, but they were wrong. (extended mix)
- 2they told us it was hard, but they were wrong. (Fort Romeau Remix)
- 3they told us it was hard, but they were wrong. (DJ Python little peaked Remix)
- 4they told us it was hard, but they were wrong. (buttechno Remix)
- Wednesday 14th OctoberWhite Oak Music Hall - Downstairs, Houston, US Buy Tickets
- Thursday 15th OctoberGranada Theater, Dallas - Fort Worth, US Buy Tickets
- Wednesday 2nd June - Sunday 6th JunePrimavera Sound, Barcelona, Spain Buy Tickets
- Friday 11th June - Sunday 13th JuneBest Kept Secret Festival, Hilvarenbeek, Netherlands Buy Tickets